Monday, February 20, 2012

December 2011 - Calling in the Reindeer

When I was growing up, my mom always worked at the hospital on Christmas Day.  Santa Claus always stopped at our house first on Christmas Eve and we opened everything BEFORE we went to bed. For the last 7 years, since I have the kids on Christmas Eve, that has become our tradition as well.  In an effort to get Santa to our house first, Sarryn and David, and now Stevie, spread a 50 pound bag of "reindeeer" corn before we leave to go to Winston each Christmas Eve.  This year was a treat.  Stevie really got into the spreading. 

Sarryn helped Stevie get a cupful....


...Stevie is more of a "dumper" than a "spreader"... 


...but I think she had fun...


...yep... I'm positive that she had ball...


...my girls....


...David wanted to make sure that the reindeer in the woods got some too....


...by the time Stevie was done, each reindeer had their own pile...

No comments: