Friday, April 17, 2009

Glucose Check-up

I went for my glucose check Wednesday with Dr. Venus. He was happy with the numbers that I had on my meter and felt that at this time we do not need to add any medication. I expressed a concern that I was always hungry because nothing that I like to eat is "legal." He laughed and said that most women with gestational diabetes finally find foods that they like and get used to the change in diet about the time it is to have the baby. My fundal measurement was the same as last week, which is a good thing. I go back on April 23 for a regular check-up. They will do another ultrasound to check for size and amount of amniotic fluid, listen for the heartbeat, and begin doing NST monitoring to measure the baby's heartrate. We have at the most 7 weeks from today before this little girl decides to make her appearance.

No comments: