Thursday, June 4, 2009

18 hours to go......

In an effort to better make arrangments for Sarryn and David, I talked to the nurses at the hospital on Tuesday night to get a time table of about when things are going to be happening tomorrow. They said I should arrive around 5:30 am. They will take me down to OR around 6:30 and the baby should have a birth time between 7:20 and 7:40. That means that in about 18 hours, the baby will finally be here. She should be back to my room with her daddy no later than 8:00 and I should be back from the recovery room by 9:00am. We had hoped to at least sleep in a little but it looks like we are going to have to get up even earlier than our normal early schedule. The baby will be here before most people we know even get to work!!! We are hoping that Steve's laptop will work at the hospital so that we can post pictures of her as early as lunch tomorrow.

Steve talked to one of his college friends, Brent Stainback and his wife, Laura who live in Washington State last week. Ironically they have also have a c-section planned for tomorrow. However, they are having TWIN girls. All I can say is better them than us!!! I can't imagine having twins. I am definitely TOO old for that. Our baby girl will share her birthday with her daddy's friends' girls. How cool!!!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Praying for a safe delivery!! Can't wait to see pictures, Nikki!
:)

Laura said...

Good Luck Nikki!!

We'll be thinking of you!!

Laura and Brent Stainback