Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2 week update

Ok... I know I have been extremely slack on updating. I finally made time to go to the library to do internetting while Steve and his brother Michael went to play golf. Stevie and I both had our two week check-ups this past Friday. Stevie now weighs 9 lbs. and 9 oz. The doctor said that it was obvious that the breastfeeding was going well. He checked her over and said that everything looked great. I went back to have the doctor check on my incision. He took off the steri-strips and said that everything looked great. I got on the scales as I was leaving and realized that I now weigh 5 lbs. less than I did when I got pregnant. My body doesn't quite look the same, but I do like the numbers. Steve asked when I could start the ab work-outs. Thankfully, Dr. Venus told him at least 6 more weeks. I brought pictures with me today to put online but the disk wouldn't load. Oh well, I will try again next time. We did go and get her first set of pictures done last week and it went surprisingly simply. We will be sending those out as soon as they get back. She has been an easy baby to have. She ets up every night between 2 and 3 and then again between 6 and 7. Steve stays up with her at night after she has her lat feeding so that I can get some sleep. He is getting remarkably fast at changing diapers. My favorite quote from him however has been when he told his mom when we first came home... "I was born to do this." She and I almost wet our pants laughing. He is being a great daddy. He loves to tell people that she is the spitting image of him...I'll get some pictures on and let everyone decide for themselves.

No comments: