Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day two.....here come the visitors...


Matt, Amanda, Jacob and Stevie


Great Uncle Jim and Stevie


Great-Granddaddy, Nanny and Stevie


Great-Granddaddy, Daddy and Stevie


Stevie Braune

Today was a busy day. It started with the shock of another diabetic/clear liquid tray for breakfast. When the poor CNA walked in with that nasty tray, I very bluntly told her that that was NOT my breakfast, that I had been promised regular food. She said that Dr. Venus had not put in the order and that was all they had. I asked if she could get a regular breakfast after I took a shower. She said that would be possible. I ate the jello off the tray and went to take my shower. Steve helped and then took his own shower. By the time we were all cleaned up, I had a breakfast waiting on me. I really enjoyed my pancake and cheerios!!

We had lots of company today. To start the day, "Missy" Couch and "Missy" Blackburn stopped by. They were the secretaries at schools where both Steve and I had worked in Wilkes County. Steve's Granddaddy and Uncle Jim came up from Seneca, SC. The assistant superintendent of Surry County Schools, Mrs. Widdowson, stopped by to see me. She had actually stopped by to see another teacher from Surry County Schools who had had a baby on Friday when she happened upon me. Susan White, a teacher from my school stopped by too. Coincidentally, it was Susan's daughter that was the other teacher from Surry County Schools who had had a baby on the same day as I did. Steve's mom and my parents were both back again. My daddy arrived carrying two dozen Krispy Kreme doughnuts. YEAH!!!! Steve's good friend Matt, his wife Amanda and son Jacob came by, followed by an old friend of Steve's from college, Kevin Stainback. The boys all caught up on the recent goings on.

Dr. Venus stopped by this morning and said everything looks great. The nurses are bragging that it seems like I haven't even had a baby. It helps me tremendously that Steve has been so helpful. He is great about getting me the baby and changing diapers so that I don't have to get up. The baby had all her tests today and passed with flying colors. She has a wonderfully normal cholesterol of 61, which had us all breathing a sigh of relief. She had a bilirubin test, a hearing test and a PKU test. Steve changed quite a few yucky diapers today. He caught one in the process of happening and I laughed so hard that I had to lean against the counter. He has really been a trooper and is adjusting to being a daddy wonderfully!! We had our "celebratory" dinner provided by the hospital tonight. Steve's marvelous cooking has spoiled me though. Now nothing tastes as good as the food he cooks. He has promised me his special shrimp next weekend for our anniversary dinner. I can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

grammy said...

Nikki she is beautiful! Congratulations, may your added addition make your family perfect.

Jamie Wooten
Yadkinville Elementary School