Wednesday, May 13, 2009

35+ week update

I went back to the doctor yesterday afternoon. The NST monitoring was pretty uneventful. I did have one contraction, but nothing to worry about. Dana, the ultrasound lady, did the amniotic fluid check. We are up to 30 from 28. I met with Dr.Venus after that. When he saw my belly, he said it looked a little smaller. I told him he needed to get his eyes checked, that the word "smaller" did not belong in a sentence with my belly. He did my fundal measurement across my belly. Remember it is supposed to be +/- 2 from the number of weeks pregnant I am. I am 35 weeks and the measurement was 40. Because of the high amniotic fluid level, Dr. Venus is referring me to get a Level 2 ultrasound on Friday in Charlotte just to reassure all of us that everything is great. Steve's school is out early on Friday, so we are going to go down and have the ultrasound done that afternoon. They will be able to give us the results as they do it. Hopefully everything will turn out fine.

No comments: