Tuesday, May 5, 2009

33+ weeks update

Last week, I had two appointments. The first, on Tuesday, was just an NST visit. I basically sit in a big comfy recliner and they strap me up to monitors to record/listen to her heartbeat. It was rather relaxing. Nothing exciting.

The second appointment, on Friday, was a little more involved. I had to repeat the NST, get an ultrasound with Dana and then meet with Dr. Venus. The NST was once again pretty routine. The nurse thought the baby was sleeping because the machine wasn't getting all the required movement that it needed so she decided to "wake her up" a little. That involved shaking my belly to get her moving. It worked. We then went to Dana and measured amniotic fluid. We are down to 25 from 28. Our goal is 20. Hopefully that will come this week. We will also remeasure her size this week to see how big this "toddler" is getting. The last stop was with Dr. Venus. He listen to her heartbeat, measured my belly and checked my blood sugars from the last week. He said everything looked great. The medicine they put me on must be working becuase my blood sugars have come down and the level of amniotic fluid has reduced. All good things.

No comments: