Monday, May 25, 2009

37 Week Update

We went back to the doctor on Friday for our regular NST, ultrasound and doctor visit. The NST was pretty normal. The ultrasound was actually very good. My fluid numbers are down from 30 to 26 which is a good thing. Dana measured and calculated the weight at 9 pounds and 11 ounces, which is only a 10 ounce gain from last Friday, another good thing. As I went in to the examining room, they weighed me and I am actually down 1 1/2 pounds, another good thing. I may not see that most hated number on the scale!!! My fundal measurement (over my belly) is up to 42. I was 2 cm dilated on Friday and Dr. Venus is only giving us a 1 in 5 chance of making it to June 1. I was supposed to have an appointment for today (Monday) but realized the office would be closed and I rescheduled for Tuesday. I asked Dr. Venus if he wanted me to reschedule the Thursday appointment to Friday because they normally do a Mon-Thurs and Tues-Fri rotation. He said it really didn't matter becuase he didn't think I would make to to Thursday. We just left the next appointment for Thursday afternoon. I spent the weekend on the couch with my feet propped trying to keep this baby from coming early. We need everyone to think good thoughts about delaying this baby until June. I have to give End of Grade tests this week. We REALLY need her to be patient and wait until June 1. Cross your fingers!!!!

No comments: